Sunday, March 21, 2010

Curried Chicken Salad

I have never eaten much chicken salad because of the globs of mayo (yuk!) so when I came accross this recipe by Ellie Krieger, I had to try it. It is delicious (and *bonus* healthy!), and I make it a lot. It's great to take to work, or keep in the fridge for sandwiches or even on a bed of mixed greens with a simple dressing like Ellie's recipe. This is my quick spin of her recipe using a shortcut: buying a rotisserie chicken instead of cooking it. I hope you enjoy...and happy Spring!

Curried Chicken Salad

1 rotisserie chicken
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 cup halved red grapes
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
salt and freshly ground pepper

Remove the light and dark meat from the rotisserie chicken, and cube.


Toast the almonds in a dry skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown and fragrant. In a large bowl, stir together the yogurt, mayonnaise, and curry powder.


Fold in the chicken, grapes and cilantro, and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Store in the fridge in an air tight container.






How easy is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment