Sunday, June 27, 2010

Peach Salsa

Robert and I got married about 3 1/2 years ago. Wow! It seems like 2, tops. While we received a lot of gifts (which we appreciate :) one of my favorites is a cookbook. I learned (when my mom gave me the list of family guests!) that I have some cousins in Augusta, home of the Masters. They sent me Par 3 Tea Time at the Masters. I remember thinking, "What? We don't play golf!?" and it landed in the pile o' gifts. Well, let me tell you, it's in my top 3 cookbooks that I use OFTEN and this latest recipe is the perfect summer appetizer! So head out to your local farmers market (or if you live in Albany...Mark's Melon Patch or Publix) and grab some peaches. You will love this one.

Peach Salsa

3 peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into bite-size pieces
1 red or green pepper, diced
1/4 cup diced red onion
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
5 to 6 fresh Basil leaves, cut into ribbons
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt

Combine all and mix in a large bowl. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.

Enjoy!




P.S. Other great recipes from this cookbook I have made:
Spinach Squares
Ultimate Breakfast Strata
Baked Corn Dip
Hot chicken and Sausage Dip

1 comment:

  1. yum! we have a peach tree now! it's slow growing but hopefully it'll bear enough fruit to try this recipe! xx

    ReplyDelete